Last Updated on
Here's the thing. City apartments are shrinking day by day. So, the need of a cantilever tool box cannot be denied. You need a cantilever toolbox to do small fixing on your house or to complete a project.
To tell you the truth, in this content, we are going to focus on 7 of the best cantilever toolbox you can pick in 2019. We will also include a buyer guideline so that you can get a good idea about the cantilever tool box.
We will also answer some frequent question you ask us about the product. So, let's begin.
- Top Class Cantilever Tool Box of 2019
- 1. Kennedy Manufacturing 1022B Hand-Carry Cantilever
- 2. Homak Cantilever Steel Toolbox
- 3. Trusco 2-level tool box (Lightweight cantilever box)
- 4. Tactix 320300 22-Inch Cantilever Tool Box
- 5. WORKPRO W009044A Mechanics Tool Set
- 6. Beta Tools BETA EASY CANTILEVER TOOL BOX
- 7. Draper Cantilever Toolbox 540X297X210
- Buyer guideline: How to Pick the perfect cantilever Tool Box
- Who needs a cantilever toolbox?
- Parts and functions of a Cantilever toolbox:
- Types of tool box:
- frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- How to Organize Cantilever Tool Box
- How to clean & maintain the cantilever tool box properly?
Top Class Cantilever Tool Box of 2019
1. Kennedy Manufacturing 1022B Hand-Carry Cantilever
Not only the durable one, but this product is also the best mechanics toolbox available on the market. Fabric less construction keeps the box free from dirt. Besides, its cantilever action lid also makes it unique, attractive & best box ever.
Cantilever action lid: Cantilever is a long girder that is fixed at only a single point. This type of lid is preferred to make the box even more spacious and durable.
- Cantilever hand carry helps the box to last longer. Steel core handle makes it easy to carry.
- Four dividable trays to store tools of different sizes and shapes.
- Industrial grade metal makes the box sturdy & suitable for heavy duty.
- Vinyl cushioning makes it attractive and smooth.
- Locking hasp also accepts padlock to secure the box.
A hasp is a slotted hinged iron or any metal plate that forms a part of fastening for a lid or door, and it’s also fitted with a metal loop. Pin or Padlock can secure it.
The box is little heavy even without the tools. The weight can cause slight discomfort while moving.
- No Fabric & steel-Core Top Handle.
- Heavy-Duty locking hasp.
- Cantilever action lid.
- Secure and spacious tool storage.
- Four dividable trays.
- Cantilever action lid.
The Homak industrial cantilever is a large toolbox with much space like the Kennedy 1022B. But the Cantilever drawers in Homak are not leveled perfectly. Besides, the handle in it isn’t riveted on properly.
Check Homak H2pro here.
Apart from these minor problems, it isn’t so bad. It has:
- 4 drawers
- Triple-clasp to make it even more secure
- Solid industrial quality construction
- Huge bottom bin for larger tools and
- Pad lockable design.
3. Trusco 2-level tool box (Lightweight cantilever box)
Heavy duty, well made and rugged gauge welded stamped steel box. The dimension of this trucco box is 13.5 x 6.2 x 7.2 inches.
It has a hole in the middle of the top for the padlock which allows you to leave it at your workplace. You must love the color with durable enamel.
- 100% steel, manufactured in Japan.
- Two top trays include removable metal dividers. Little dividers allow you to store small components like
- nails, screws, nuts, batteries. The Lower part is suitable for large tools.
- Two compartments easily glide open.
- The very lightweight product is easy to carry.
- Two hinges work great. Perfect for everyday users.
The box is can't be left outside in the rain. If you want to keep the water out of the box, then put rubber seals on the lid.
- Gorgeous metal construction.
- Fit and finish is perfect.
- Cantilever action lid.
- Movable dividers in top two trays.
- Secure and spacious tool storage.
- Thick powder coat finish.
- Smaller size.
This lightweight cantilever tool box is a great option to carry your tools in style. Its design allows you to open up the whole box and reveal all the tools at once.
It has spaces designed for both smaller and larger tools as well. The smaller compartments will allow you to store small equipment, nuts and bolts.
More Features : Professional grade construction promises its longevity and optimal performance. The full-length aluminum handle makes it easier for you to carry your tools around.
More to that, the latches used for locking, are made from steel to ensure durability.
- Great Build quality.
- Lot of space.
- Cantilever function.
- Full-length handle
- The Latches could have been better
This toolbox has pretty much everything that you need in order to fix minor house issues. This comes with 408 pieces of tools and all of them are constructed from high-quality materials.
The toolbox has 3 drawers and storage option at the top as well. All the basic tools from pliers to hammer and screwdrivers are included. Some more tools are level, hammer, hex key, sockets, bits, etc.
More features : Its body has a full polish chrome finish, this provides it with anti corrosion protection.
Also, chrome vanadium forged body ensures strength and durability. More to that, the hand tools are according to ANSI standards.
- Great Build quality.
- Preloaded tools.
- Ratchet handles.
- Anti-corrosion properties.
- Can be a little overwhelming for starters because of all these tools and high price
Tools and a handy cantilever toolbox are perfect for professional mechanics who want to do the same type of job. Cantilever toolbox with all necessary maintenance tools is a great choice for a professional mechanic.
This well-made box allows you to see an entire view of the tools/contents without digging through the tools compared with the standard toolbox.
Depending on tool’s size Beta tools have 4 smaller sections and bottom large compartment.
- Its dimension is 22 x 8 x 8.5 inches which is very handy to carry anywhere.
- Its professional appearance and nice finish both are so important. Because grease and dirt on the smooth and durable painted finish of this metal box are very easy to clean.
- It has 5 different sections - 4 upper sections are the in the same dimension. 17.5” long, 3 inches wide four smaller compartments are great for easy access of smaller parts. To store bigger tools, its 17 inches long and 7” wide bottom is nice.
- Don’t worry about essential tools as there are lots of tolls with the toolbox. With the toolbox, wrenches (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 mm) diagonal cutting nippers (6 inches), ½” sockets (10-24 mm, 27, 30 and 32 mm) combination pliers (7 inches), needle knurled nose pliers (6 inches), slip joint pliers (10”) and drive reversible ratchet (½”) are included.
It’s good for many reasons but there are some negatives. You can’t carry wide tools more than 3 inches as it is 3 inches deep. Overall, it’s a good choice for on the go mechanic.
This is a strong, robust, and well-built toolbox. There is nothing fancy about this toolbox, but it knows how to get the job done. The brand “DRAPER” reflects the quality and you can be assured about its longevity.
It will serve you without any hassle for years to come. It is spacious and allows you to store a lot of different types of tools.
More feature : the cantilever option allows it to open wide and display all of the tools at ones. Since it is metal build, it is stronger and capable of carrying a lot of weight. There are lots of positive reviews available about this toolbox and it has a brand value as well.
- Simple and effective design.
- Large space.
- They could have made innovations in the visual section with the better paint scheme.
Buyer guideline: How to Pick the perfect cantilever Tool Box
Before you buy a cantilever tool box, you need to consider some important things. This consideration is also true for other products. When it comes to cantilever tools, you need to know about the toolbox.
If you are reading this content, I am sure you know about how the toolbox works. But you need a good guideline before you get one for yourself. We are here to help you with a proper guideline.
You mainly need to consider some important things before you buy the best cantilever toolbox. We are going to talk about them now.
Construction material: Mainly a cantilever toolbox is made using steel. The steel construction makes it durable. When you are working in a construction area, you need a portable toolbox.
Cantilever toolbox is a type of toolbox that can help you with this problem. The construction of this toolbox is the only thing that is important. A manufacturer uses steel to make the box.
This keeps your tools safe all the time. You don't even need to worry about your tools getting rust or grease. Even if you get one for your home, you will get a lot of benefits.
The steel construction is both durable and lightweight. But make sure you check out the construction quality.
Some manufacturer uses plastic. Plastic cantilever toolbox is not that durable. But they are lightweight and you can carry them easily. You will also find aluminum cantilever toolbox.
This will help you to get the best support. If you are looking for a cantilever toolbox for your home, you can go for plastic made cantilever toolbox.
But if you work in the construction area, you need a durable one. So, going for the aluminum or steel toolbox is the best choice, I think.
Waterproof: You need your toolbox to be waterproof. This is a very important thing to consider before you buy a cantilever toolbox. Yes, earlier we said that you can find toolbox made of steel, aluminum or plastic.
But even so, all the toolbox is not waterproof. You might need to work on rainy days. When you carry your toolbox, your toolbox may catch water. Water on tools is responsible for rust.
Even after the water is dried out, it keeps the moisture. This is the reason your tools get rust on them. So, your toolbox needs to be waterproof. Check it out before you buy one.
Color coating: You may not find it useful, but the color and coating are important for your cantilever toolbox. When you buy a cantilever toolbox, check out the color coating.
The color coating keeps the cantilever toolbox out of rust. So, you need to check out the color coating before you buy a cantilever toolbox.
Cheap cantilever toolbox comes with cheap paints. Some paints may harm your health. So before you buy a toolbox, check out the color coating.
Storage type: Surely you cannot buy a toolbox just because you need one. You will feel the need of a cantilever toolbox when you need to organize your tools. Tools come in different shapes and size.
So, you need to check out the space demand for your toolbox. Otherwise, you won't be able to fit your tool on the toolbox. So, make sure you identify the space need. Cantilever toolbox comes in a different size. Make sure you check them out.
Weight capacity: The weight capacity is very important in terms of buying the best cantilever toolbox. So, check out the maximum weight capacity before you buy one. Generally, a cantilever toolbox has a small size.
It can hold up to 50 kg of weight. But the size gets larger for bigger weight capacity holders. You will determine the weight capacity according to your tools weight and number.
Portability: Cantilever toolbox needs to be portable. The ergonomic design enables the user to carry it easily. So, the toolbox needs to be portable. Before you buy a cantilever toolbox, you need to check if the toolbox is portable or not.
Weight: You need a toolbox to keep your important tools organized, and whenever you need a tool, you can check your toolbox. But if the toolbox itself is heavy, you will face difficulty carrying the box.
Your tools have individual weight. With the weight of the toolbox, you may have a hard time carrying the toolbox. So, you need to check out the weight of the toolbox. Plastic or aluminum cantilever toolbox are lightweight.
Steel toolboxes are a little on the heavier side. But no need to worry. So, check out the weight capacity before you buy one for yourself.
Price: Whenever you want to buy something for yourself, you need to check your pocket. Your budget will always influence your choice. Sometimes the price range can solve your problem.
There are a lot of cantilever toolbox models out there on the market. But picking the best cantilever tool box is a tough nut to crack. But your budget can sometimes determine your choice.
Some have a high budget, some high and some have a medium budget. Whatever budget you have, always check out the construction, features, shelves, weight, weight capacity and many more features.
Price is not a big deal. This only determines the choice. But you need to be aware of what you need.
Who needs a cantilever toolbox?
You need a toolbox for informal safety. Similarly, a cantilever toolbox is a must for you. You cannot always rely on others. Suppose your AC is not working or you need to fix the TV.
You need to complete your college project. Well, you can keep a cantilever toolbox. Day by day, the apartments and households are shrinking.
Even a toolbox comes in smaller size. This is mainly referred to as a cantilever toolbox.Cantilever toolbox is a unique kind of toolbox.
They come with several shelves along with a bottom tray so that they can load more. The individual shelves on the toolbox give you extra space.
You can use them for organizing your useful tools. But this is great as you don't have to worry about the tools being piled up. They are like smaller chest. You can keep your important tools organized on the toolbox.
Usually, professionals involved in construction work such as carpenters, remodel professionals need this toolbox. Construction work professionals need a cantilever toolbox for better support.
They need a toolbox that has an ergonomic design. For this reason, they can lift and even carry the toolbox while carrying heavy loads. This will keep the tools organized.
It doesn't matter you need them in your workplace or at home. You need your tools organized. Cantilever tools can help you.
This is very important. Anyway, those who need to do some fixing and a portable toolbox, need to buy a cantilever toolbox.
Parts and functions of a Cantilever toolbox:
Toolboxes are used to store, organize and protect tools. Lots of different types of tool boxes are available according to different requirements. In this guide, we will specifically focus on cantilever toolbox.
Toolboxes come in different shapes and sizes:
Most of them are now plastic builds, as they are effective and inexpensive. There are toolboxes made out of aluminum, steel, wood, and cantilever toolboxes.
Cantilever ToolBox They are special and comes in unique and professional design with multiple shelves. Individual shelves will allow you to organize your tools efficiently and effectively.
Functions These boxes are compact and can store lots of tools perfectly in one place. More to that their wide opening positions preview all the tools at the same time.
Thus they are a really good choice for carpenters, painters or any other professionals that need to carry a decent amount of tools with them. Using a decent cantilever toolbox can protect your tools and make you more efficient in work.
Parts Usually, they are constructed with a steel body. So you can be pretty sure about their strength and capacity.
There are multiple shelves in each of them, and they are closed in as a rectangular box. But the cantilevers will open up as a bridge from a fixed position. This way all the shelves will be displayed in the same time.
There is a handle at the top of the box that allows you to hold it and carry it comfortably.
The box is painted with a thick coating to prevent it from rusting and minor damages. You will find different colors and styles according to your likeness.
By properly maintaining your cantilever tool box, you can use it for long enough. In the long run, it will save you money and make you more efficient at work.
Types of tool box:
Hand-Carry Tool Boxes: These tool boxes are easy to carry. You can store this in a closet or under a workbench. But it cannot hold a lot amount of tool. It is small, so it carries a few small tools.
Large stationary toolbox: This box holds a huge amount of small and large tools easily. But it is hard to move and it takes up considerable space in your workshop or garage.
Portable rolling tool box: This tool box can be carried and rolled in most places. It is easy to take.But it holds a minimum amount of medium and small tools. You cannot store large tools in it.
Combination tool box: This is a workbench and tool storage combined. It can be wheeled around your working area easily. But this is not portable. So it isn't suitable for outside of the workshop, garage, or immediate area.
Truck mounted tool box: This tool box holds a large number of tools. It is a lockable storage too, so more safety.
It is truck mounted so it can go anywhere the truck goes. But it isn't so easy to remove from truck. It requires holes to be bored in the truck. It isn’t also easy to mount.
frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What is a cantilever toolbox?
Ans: Cantilever toolbox is a unique kind of toolbox. They come with several shelves along with a bottom tray so that they can load more. The individual shelves on the toolbox give you extra space.
Do I need a cantilever toolbox for my home?
Ans: Yes, you need a cantilever toolbox for your home. Day by day, apartments are getting smaller. You never know when you need to fix something on your home. When you need to,
you will need tools. But you need a safe spot for your tools. A cantilever toolbox can help you with it.
Why do I need to check out the color of a toolbox?
Ans: The reason is that the color coating keeps the toolbox out of rust or grease. It keeps the toolbox out of scratches or water. Some toolbox has waterproof paintings.
So this will keep your toolbox rust or grease free.
How to Organize Cantilever Tool Box
How to clean & maintain the cantilever tool box properly?
Professionals and enthusiast people who use cantilever toolbox to keep their tools must know how and why proper maintenance of cantilever toolbox is necessary.
By proper maintenance, you ensure that it lasts longer and works pretty well every time. An average cantilever toolbox might not be very expensive, but it will add up to a huge amount if you keep changing the damaged toolbox every now and then.
If you don’t maintain the toolbox, it can actually ruin your tools too, hence adding to the cost in the long run. Also, their performance might be slow, and that can surely make you unhappy.
- It is necessary to keep the box clean and dry as much as possible. It will look good and last longer. Use dry piece of cloth to remove dust and make sure to dry it out properly if you use wet piece of cloth to wash it. Too much contact with the water can make it rusty, which is not a good thing at all.
- Don’t stack too much tools in one box. Too much weight is hard for you to carry, and also bad for the box too.Make sure that you are not keeping something heavy on top of it, or using the tool box as a chair or table. This will definitely lower its lifespan.
- Cantilever tool box are special for their slide out tray system. This can be a hassle if the slide tray doesn’t work properly. They can easily start to straggle if something gets between the slider-space.
- Be sure to clean it time to time and oil it properly for smooth operations.You can also find some dedicated grease or lubricant that helps the slide trays to roll smoothly.
- Look out for too much heat. Heat can permanently damage the paint and structure of your box. You must avoid keeping the tool box under direct sunlight for prolonged period of time. Usually the metal tool box can heat up faster and damage the tools inside it too. Make sure that you don’t place the tool box near fire or something hot.
- Avoid anything that can scratch the tool box. Such as pointy objects, or tools that has sharp edges. Always try to keep your tool chest organized in proper way. Scratches can lead to rapid rusting. Look out for scratches and small rusty areas; be sure to cover the damaged area with paint in a proper way.
Proper maintenance can help you get smooth performance while you work, save your tools, save your time and money.
It might seem that it’s a hard job to properly maintain the cantilever tool box, but with proper practice it will become easier for you.
Properly follow the maintenance tips given, so that your toolbox and tools survive for a longer period of time.
This list of best cantilever tool box is the top boxes in the market. We have just taken both positive and negative aspects of these products. We will be happy to hear from you.