Last Updated on
If oil and fat accumulate in your air fryer or a burning odor comes out during cooking, or you find unwanted oily flavors in your favorite food, then your air fryer needs a deep cleaning.
When you want to clean your air fryer, you can think that if you clean it thoroughly with water, it can ruin it! Yes, that's right; if you wash it carelessly, you can damage it. Then, you have to repurchase a new one.
As it increases the cost unnecessarily, not knowing the right way to clean it is a waste of time, and you have to work harder than you need to. So, if you know the right way how to clean air fryer, you are saving your time, money, and labor.
Here is the correct way to How to clean your air fryer.
Here are The Materials What You'll Need:
- non-abrasive sponge
- Dish soap
- Baking Soda
- Soft-bristle scrub brush
- Small, flexible cleaning brush
- A soft cloth or paper towels.
How to Clean Air Fryer
1. Unplug your device
Preventing electrocution, damage, or injury, you have to unplug the device. Though this is a very common task. But when People are in a hurry, they forget to disconnect their device while cleaning. So,
- Unplug your air fryer from the wall socket before starting to clean it.
- Let it cool completely, which can take about 30 minutes.
2. How to clean air fryer basket and pans
- With hot and soapy water, clean the removable baskets and pans. The good news for you that you can clean both of your basket and pans in the dishwasher.
- If the basket of your fryer has stuck or burnt-on food with batter or anything else, place it in the sink and fill it with hot and soapy water. Now, let it soak for half an hour. This should make the burnt particles loosen. Wipe them off with a sponge.
Never use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning materials to remove stuck particles if the basket and pans of air fryer have a non-stick coating; this can harm the non-stick coating.
3. How to clean the interior parts
- Clean it's heating element with a non-abrasive sponge or soft cloth and hot soapy water.
- How to clean baked on grease from air fryer?
How to clean grease from air fryer can be a worrying question to you, but this is very easy.
If there is grease on it's heating element, use a small amount of dish soap to the soft cloth or sponge to help remove the grease.
Then, wipe them off with hot water and a soft cloth. Turn the air fryer upside down that will help you to clean the heating element.
- With a non-abrasive sponge or soft cloth and hot soapy water, wipe the interior correctly. You can also use a soft-bristle cleaning brush to clean the stuck-on particles properly.
Let the interior parts of the air fryer to dry entirely.
4. How to clean the exterior
- Take the soft cloth or sponge and wipe the exterior with a mild detergent.
- Don't use heavy cleaners like glass cleaner or bleach. Never use water to clean it's exterior.
- Dry the exterior with another soft dry cloth.
Make sure that you're not using any hard cloth which can make scratches to the exterior of your air fryer.
Dry all the Removable parts completely before reassembling.
Now reassemble all the parts of it and get back the fun part: air frying up delicious foods.
- Of course, clean your air fryer after using every time to prevent from building up grease and accumulating food particles.
- After finishing your air fryer cleaning, allow it to dry completely and store it in its original box or at a clean-dry and safe place.
- Do not allow foods to come into contact with the heating element and do not put too much food in it to avoid more grease and food particles to come into contact with the heating element.
That's the complete guideline to how to clean air fryer. I hope now you don't have to worry about cleaning it and don't have to get involved in unwanted trouble. And your money, time, and a lot of labor will be saved.